Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pedro - Birthdate: 1/12/01

Not long after I'd started sponsoring Anjali, I started kicking myself because with all of our connections to Brasil, I knew I should have sponsored a boy from Brasil. I did a bit of figuring of what I could afford and decided I would, in fact, sponsor a boy from Brasil.

Again, I flipped through the pictures and Pedro immediately caught my eye. He just had "that look" of all the Brasilian young men I'd known.

He lives with his mother and 3 siblings and he likes soccer, playing with cars, and art. He lives on the plains of Jose Pinheiro, in the north east of Brasil. His information says that typical houses are constructed of cement floors, brick walls and tile roofs. And, of course, he speaks Portuguese.

The regional diet consists of beans, chicken, bread, potatoes and rice. Common health problems in this area include yellow fever, parasites, malnutrition, and intestinal worms. Half the adults in this area are unemployed.

Pedro's letters are pretty brief and kind of cryptic, but usually incude a drawing of a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment