Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fred and Emmanuella


Yippee...letters from Fred and from Emmanuella. It was my first letter from Emmanuella, who actually filled out a special form that helps her write. I learned the names of her family kembers and her best friend. I know she lives in a town and that her best game is "amps" and favorite color is blue.

Then she writes, "thank you for sponsoring me. I am the second born of my parents. Are you also a second born? I pray that God will lift you high and bless your work. Pray that God should give me knowledge and understanding in my studies."

As for Fred, his mother's letter reads:

Dear Auntie Sykes:

Have a blessed day, hope and pray that you are doing great in the Lord. We're thankful for the post card that you have sent for Fred. He likes very much. They have many colors.

Right now Fred is enjoying his schooling. He is excited to go to school every day. But it said that first day of his school, Fred's cry because his pencil, crayon get the other student. But in spite he continue to go to school.

By the way, what is your favorite book in the Bible? Fred was so happy to go to the center every day to learn bible stories and characters. He is faithful every sunday. Kindly pray for his schooling this year.

God Bless You!

Love,
Lyra Cardinal

Guess I'm going to have to find a favorite bible book!

1 comment:

  1. I think she meant "ampe" as her favorite game. It is a jumping game that is popular in Ghana and you can find videos of children playing it on youtube.

    I love the letters!

    ReplyDelete