Thursday, October 15, 2015

The New Brasilian in My Life

I belong to a Compassion Sponsors group on Facebook and I periodically see message about people who felt they could not possibly afford to sponsor another child, but then one child just "got" to them and they found a way to make it work.

I was more practical than that, until Adriano appeared on my Facebook page every day.  He's from Brasil, so that immediately tugged at my heart.  He's Brianna's age.  And he's one of the few "first photos" I've seen that is smiling

But I simply could not afford another child.

Then one day his picture was gone and it said that he was "in the process of being sponsored."  I was so pleased that he would have a sponsor since he had been waiting for nearly a year for a sponsor, but I kind of missed seeing his face every day.

But then this morning he was back on my Facebook page, so I guess that sponsorship fell through. And then my latest check came from my new critic job and I realized that in a normal month I would be getting enough each month to pay for one more sponsorship, with a little left over, so I bit the bullet and took on his sponsorship.

The bonus of taking him on as a sponsored child is that his dossier came with a video (which, sadly, I cannot download).  I learned he wants to work in the fire department when he grows up.

I mean...look at that face?  How can you resist?  And he's Brasilian!

Out of curiosity -- I dont think you can but check to see if you can see this video:
http://mychild.info/BR4540618/

1 comment:

  1. Aw, he is so cute. God bless your heart for helping so many children. I sponsor through Compassion too but don't post letters on line.

    ReplyDelete