Saturday, June 1, 2013

Letter(s) from Esther

I last heard from Esther in February, letters dated December.  Then I received two nearly identical letters in one envelope.  This letter is dated 4/4/13.

Dear Beverly Sykes,

I was so glad to receive the letters and photos you sent me.  Beverly, I am so glad to hear about your family's activities over there.  Beverly, soon or about 1 week after I write this letter, I will face my national exams.  Actually, being 17, I have so many things to do, such as learning to cook, learning to take care of my nephew/niece, etc.  It seems that I like to be photographed lately.  Some day I will send you my photo.  Beverly, there are many new things which I learn with my friends.

I thank you for the letter and photo you sent me, Beverly.

In March during the Easter celebration there were many programs held by my school, such as competitions interclasses and a service.There was also a drama about the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus.  How was Easter celebration in your country, Beverly?  I like to sing Easter and Christmas songs.  My favorite Christmas carol is "Joy to the World" because  once sang it during a singing competition at school to represent my class and my class won the 1st place.  My family and I wish you a happy Easter!

May God bless you and your family over there, Beverly.

Love, Esther.


1 comment:

  1. Fun letters!!! I love how in the first one, Esther shared, "Actually, being 17, I have so many things to do, such as learning to cook, learning to take care of my nephew/niece, etc. It seems that I like to be photographed lately." It gives such insight into her personality!! And I love how she chose her favorite Christmas Carol!

    ReplyDelete