Wednesday, May 20, 2015

New Kids

I've added 4 new kids over the past month or so.

When the call went out for sponsorship for "older kids" who are more difficult to place, I thought I'd just take a look.

I just checked on this photo of a girl in Tanzania.  She was 14 and one of the oldest in the group.  I had NO intention to sponsor another child because I just could not afford it.

But her name was Eunice.  Eunice Gilbert.  That was like a message from the grave.  How could I turn my back on a child named Gilbert?  So I agreed to sponsor her.  I don't know how, but somehow I'll do it.

Then there are three new correspondence sponsored kids.

 Rifaldi from Indonesia
 Joham from Colombia
and Woodsen from Haiti

Got my work cut out for me with all these new kids to get to know, but I know it will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment