Monday, September 23, 2013

Letter from Luis Henrique

(no date)

In the first part of the letter, he checks off information about the climate of Brasil:

* In the city where I live the weather is usually cold during the winter.
* In the winter, my city (June, July, August) is hot and it doesn't rain
* I prefer all types of weather
* When the weather is sunny I like to play in the street
* When the weather is rainy I like to play indoors
* As I write this letter, the weather is hot and sunny

What is your favorite type of weather?

Dear Beverly,

How are you?  I am Lucilia, the Project Monitor, and I am writing on behalf of Luiz Henrique.  He is a healthy, happy and very active child who makes friends easily.  He also likes birthdays very much.  He thought it was really cool to learn what a pinata is.  Here in Brasil we have the custom of hanging up an enormous balloon filled with sweets and candy and the children have to burst it so that everything falls to the ground.  The children have loads of fun.

We hope to hear more news from you soon.  We are very happy about your love for Luiz Henrique.  We ask that you pray for Luiz and his family.

Affectionately, Lucilia, on behalf of Luiz Henrique.

1 comment:

  1. That's so neat that Luiz Henrique enjoyed hearing about the pinata custom! It sounds like where he lives in Brasil they have their own version of a pinatat with a balloon...that's a really good idea!!

    ReplyDelete