Monday, November 25, 2013

THREE Letters

I received letters from three of my kids today.  It was a banner day!

 FROM Luiz Henrique in Brasil

This is a check off sheet where I learn that he wants to be a policeman, he would like to go to Paraiba, he wants to help his parents buy a car, he would like to celebrate his birthday with a party, he would like to meet me because he thinks I am nice.

Under the section "Questions to my sponsor" he asks "do you have any dog?"  (Apparently he never reads my letters!!!)  He also includes this drawing:


(The thing on the left looks like it might be a fire, so I'm wondering if this is a camping scene)

FROM Samuel in Kenya

Another check off sheet where I learn that the thing he likes to do best with his friends is play.  The game he likes best is football, the work he likes best is looking after cattle.  What he likes best about the project is playing.  The subject he likes best in school is mathematics.  His favorite teacher is Miss Lydia.  The place he likes to visit best is Mombasa City and what he likes to do best with his family is playing together.

His case worker writes a "message to my sponsor."

Receive much greetings from your friend Samuel.  He says that he is so happy to write to you today.  He is so grateful for the letters you send to him.  He says that he is fine.  His family is fine too.  He wants to thank you for your support towards his life.  May the Lord bless you today and forever.  Goodbye!

FROM Wainaina in Kenya (who is 16 and writes in English)

Hello!  I greet you in the name of the Lord.  How are you?  I hope you are doing well.  How about your family?  There is another joy God has granted to us.  I'm praying so hard for you and your family to be saved.  I'm doing well in school and at home.  I live near the school where I learn.  It is about 1/4 km from where I live.  It is a mixed day school and no boarding.  I enjoy being in school with my friends.  My teacher's names are as follows:  Mr. Francis, Mrs. Kupere, Mr. Artan, Mr. Gathanga and Madam Mercy.  In lour class we are about 50 pupils in one class that is form one.  In our school we wear uniform, according to the rules of the school.  We don't wear the way we want.

Thanks you for your letter.  May God bless you.

Read Isaiah 54:17

2 comments: