Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Letter from Anjali

I  received a very disturbing letter from Anjali, the child I have sponsored the longest (5 years).

Dear Beverly Syes,

Greetings to you in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.  I am very happy to receive your wonderful letter.  I am fine.  I hope the same with you.  In God's grace, all my family very healthy and happy.  How is your sweet family members?

Your friend Nancianne is very great person.  She shaved her head and donated money for child cancer research.  That is a great thing.  You are avery great person to me.  I am very thankful to you.  You can no longer write to me, but I can save all your letters so your letters aways with me.  All your letters.  So your letters always with me all of my life and I don't forgot you.  I know sneeze.

You are a very special person of me.  I love you and your family.  Please send greetings to your family.

Now I promoted to 6th grade.  Please pray for my studies and my family.

I remembering you and your family in my daily prayers.  Thanking your love and support.

Yours loving child.
M.Anjali.

I had received notice from Compassion that "Our staff in India indicated that the child development center Anjalli attends has not been able to meet all of Compassion's standards for inistering to children in need.  We've been working to address these issues over the last 60 days but have yet come to a resolve.  However, we are hopeful that we will come to a resolution within the next 90 days."

They said that my monthly money for Anjali cannot be sent to her center, but will go into the general fund until the problems are resolved.  But they didn't say anything about not being able to write to her.  I was distraught at the thought of losing her.  But Compassion has since assured me that during the resolution process I can, indeed, continue to write to her.

I hope that this is not going to be the end of my relationship with her.  She literally changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment