Sunday, February 20, 2011

Latest Kiva Loan

I discovered I had $44 in my Kiva account, from loans which had been repaid, which I could re-loan through Kiva, so I have chosen a group in Uganda to loan to.

45-year-old Naume Basiimwe is a member of Mirarikye Abaryakamwe group-Bushenyi. This happy-go-lucky, married mother of 5 has been retailing in Mirarikye for 5 years. Her retail shop attracts many people within her local area. Naume says to take root in this business she got ideas from a close friend. Before that she was doing mostly farming. She still farms, though it is on a smaller scale now. Weekly, this business generates her 200,000 UGX. Naume says with this loan she is going to purchase more retail stock to sell.

I'm all about loaning to a "happy go lucky mother of 5" !!

No comments:

Post a Comment