Sunday, August 16, 2015

Letters from Divine and Emmanuella

Divine is 12
 
03/07/2015

Dear Beverly Sykes,

Your child Mushimiyimana Divine is greeting you in the name of Jesus Christ!  She is doing great, but she was suffering from malaria.  Her siblings are also sick.  We are in our long dry season.  The weather is very hot!  She is studying hard to do well in her examination.  She will start them on 13/7/2015.

During the hot weather, studies become difficult.  Please pray for her siblings to be recovered and for her to do well in her studies.

She really thanks you for all your letters.  She received them well and pleased her so much!  She liked your photographs.  We do not have the snow here.  This is our dry season.  She is studying hard.

(signed by her project worker)

 20-6-15

Dear Beverly Sykes,

I thank you for your letters and your words of encouragement.

I sleep in our bedroom with my sister and if somebody wishes to give me something I will wish the person gives me a laptop.  My favorite part of the Bible is proverbs.

You look beautiful with no hair.

Yes, I cook and my mother taught me how to cook.  I like cooking banku [a Ghanaian dish which is cooked by a proportionate mixture of fermented corn and cassava dough in hot water into a smooth, whitish consistent paste] and okra.

I have learnt in school that we should be good Samaritans.

How are you and your family doing?

I pray that God will let the rain fall in California and the Almighty God will bless Brianna and add more years to her years.

Pray that God will help me in our coming examination so that I can be promoted to JHS3

Memory Verse:  Proverbs 12:10.  A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel.  Amen.  [not sure what that means!]


No comments:

Post a Comment