Saturday, June 11, 2011

Leniel

After a long dry spell, I have finally received a letter from little Leniel, who is 5 years old. He sends along this family portrait...I am curious as to why his mother, father and himself are black and the baby is yellow.


His letter, written by someone else, reads:

Dear Beverly Sykes,

Hello, may God guide you. Leniel is fine and hopes you are well. He thanks you for having sponsored him and for loving him. Leniel comments, "my family loves me and takes care of me. The drawing is about my mother going to work. My relatives are Liliana (Mother), Papolo (Father), Margarita (grandmother), Gabriel (the baby). My family goes to work by bus. The people in my neighborhood go to work and church by bus. How do you travel? Pray for my mother and the baby.

Hugs,
Leniel

No comments:

Post a Comment