Monday, March 30, 2015

3 from the Kenya 7

I received the first three letters from the 7 Correspondence Kids I took on from Kenya

First LAVENDA, who is 9 years old

Dear Beverly Sykes,

Receive much greetings in the Lord.  I hope you are fine in Christ.  I am fine also together with my family.   I thank you for the support that youare giving onto me.  It has made me know who God is and how to serve Him.  I also t hank you for the Christmas gift hat you sent for me  Sh 1143.29 bought cups and I enjoy using them with my family

At school I am in grade 6 this year and my best subject is English.  During church services every Sunday i like to memorize verses from the Bible.  I love you so much and I keep praying for you.  please pray for country and my studies as well.  God bless you.

Yours, Lavenda

Next is MICHAEL, who is 6.  He  filled out a form letter about his typical week.

I usually wake up at 6:30 a.m.  In the morning I normally wash my face and go to school.  The days I attend school are 5 days.  The name of my school is King Model Academy.  In he afternoon I usually watch cartoons.  In the evening I normally help with washing the plates. I go to the project o Saturday  I typically go to sleep at 8:30 pm.  My favorite day of the week is Saturday because I go to the project.  The day I go to church is Sunday.  The name of my church is Deliverance.

Dear... [name left blank]

How are you, begins Michael.  Michael says he is grateful for the Christmas gifts you send to him.  He says he received a pair of long trousers and a shirt.  He adds that he is much happy that the project has once opened and now he's meeting his friends and enjoying their Saturday program.  He ends that you should always remember him in prayers for he wants God to give him good health and understanding in class work.

 NOTE:  The kids thanked me for Christmas gifts I did not send, but every child receives a Christmas gift at the centers they attend, and it was logical to thank me.

Finally is BRIGHTONE, who is 8.  He also shares a form letter about his typical week

I usually wake up at six.  In the morning I go to school.  They days I attend school are five.  The name of my school is Mayenje Primary School.  In the afternoon I usually help my parent with work.  In the evening, I normally play.  I go to the project on Saturday.  I typically go to sleep at 8 p.m.  My favorite day of the week is Saturday because I go to the project.  The day I go to church is Snday.  The name of my church is A CK Anglican Church of Kenya Mayenje.

Brightone says happy new year 2015.  He says that he wishes you a prosperous year ahead.  He says he is praying for you and your family for a long life  He says he looks forward to meeting you one of these fine days.

No comments:

Post a Comment