Thursday, May 15, 2014

Letter from Mushimiyimana

I was shocked that I got this letter so quickly.  They must have had her write it before she got my first letter because there is no way it could have gotten to her so quickly.  This is an Introduction letter in which she lists the names of all of the people in her family -- two parents and 8 children.  I will not repeat them!

She also tells me that

her favorite color is yellow
her favorite game is "tennis ball"
her favorite food is rice
her favorite toy is "a house"
her favorite Bible verse is Psalms 1:1 (Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,)
her favorite school subject is mathematics
her dream is to be a doctor

Message for my sponsor:  My family and I are doing well.
Question for sponsor:  Where do you live?  How are you doing?  What are your hobbies?
Prayer for my sponsor:  May God's peace and blessings be upon you.
Prayer requests from child:  Pray for me to do well at school and pray for my mother to get well, because she is sick.

This is the type of message that tugs at my heartstrings because I have no way of knowing how sick her mother is and how long she has been sick.  



No comments:

Post a Comment